In a world where half of the population is now online, search engines are now at the core of business marketing. Research shows that 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. If you’re a business owner, you have to work hard to remain relevant above the din of digital marketing.
Most of the internet searches are for brands, products, and services. A result in the first position earns a click-through-rate (CTR) over ten times higher than a ranking at position #10.
What Does an SEO Firm do?
If your website is not appearing among the top search engine result pages (SERPs) for target keywords, then you simply don’t exist. Search engine optimization (SEO) is about building your brand’s online visibility and reaching your target audience.
It entails using different techniques to boost the quality and quantity of website traffic. These SEO techniques increase the visibility of your website or a web page to users of all search engines.
This is where an SEO firm comes into play. Outsourcing your SEO services to an experienced agency allows you to leverage technical expertise and cutting-edge SEO tools. The company works on your website with multiple objectives, including boosting ranking on SERPs, increasing organic web traffic, and converting more visitors to customers.
Your SEO partner achieves these goals using white-hat SEO techniques/tactics by following Google’s guidelines and Google algorithm protocols. The strategies might not guarantee overnight success but a gradual improvement in all SEO metrics.
These tactics also have an overall positive impact on your business. They range from social media marketing, link building, guest blogging to local SEO and others.
The best SEO firm deploys a comprehensive SEO program to deliver the desired organic results. This broad-based approach touches on the web design, structures, research, and development (R&D), content, links, UX, and analytics.
All of our designs incorporate best practices while ensuring the site is optimal for user and search experience.
Essential SEO services you should get
When hiring an SEO company, it’s advisable to look at the specifics of the services offered. An established SEO company should include the following services as part of the service level agreement (SLA):
Website Structure Analysis
You have to structure your website for easy navigation by both users and search engines. This is one of the essential services your SEO firm should offer. A web design team will look at key elements of the site structure, including:
- Site errors(Such errors include duplicate page content, 4XX errors, duplicate title tags, missing metatags, schema errors & mobile design)
- robots.txt /Indexing issues
- Metadata (the SEO team looks at issues such as duplicate title tags, meta descriptions, and site content)
- XML Sitemap structure and indexing
- Page loading speeds
- Indexed pages
- Site analytics. Actionable insights are derived from analytics that identify site progress and necessary improvements.
- AB testing to identify issues affect the user experience
Improving the site structure boosts the user experience (UX), which in turn improves site traffic. Better site speed reduces bounce rates. All these site improvements boost your site’s ranking on SERPs.
UX is essential to drive higher engagements, brand equity, search relevancy, and domain authority.
Optimizing Site Code and Structure
Some tweaks on your website can make a huge difference in your attempts to boost ranking on SERPs and increasing web traffic. Good site structure also translates to a great user experience. Your SEO agency carries out some tasks to optimize your site’s code and structure. They include:
- Adding an XML sitemap
- Simplifying site structure for easy navigation
- Eliminate errors
- Internal linking. Links reinstate the relevance and authority of your website within your target markets.
- Neat, cleaner code
A strong site structure ensures overall ensures peak performance and search rankings.
On-page optimization entails optimizing individual web pages for better ranking and higher web traffic in search engines. On-page content optimization is an essential service offered by an SEO firm. It’s all about improving the quality of the content through:
- Removing/rewriting duplicate content
- Keyword analysis optimization. Comprehensive keyword and market analysis informs and confirms the most appropriate strategy and budget.
- Analyzing E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness)
- Adding title tags, meta descriptions, Header tags
- Writing compelling headlines
- New landing pages to draw in other visitors
- Image optimization
- Content audit
On-page SEO factors establish the uniqueness and credibility of each page for visitors and search engines.
Optimizing Off-page Factors
Off-site presence matters a lot and your SEO Company should consider the following:
- Identify new, valuable directories to list your website
- Boosting your position on local SERPs
- Claim directory listings of your business on online directories like Yelp, Manta, and Google, verifying and updating them
- Leverage press releases
Website Content Analysis
Web content analysis helps improve the user experience which leads to better conversion. It also makes it easier to index content on your website leading to better ranking on SERPs. An SEO team covers various areas, including:
- Optimizing your content for voice search
- Keywords analysis and optimization
- Auditing poorly ranking content
- Resolving duplicate content
- Adding missing pages
- In local SEO, addressing Name-address-phone (NAP) number inconsistencies
Good content re-assures your audience and search engines of your authority, relevancy, and differentiation in the marketplace.
Off-page SEO covers optimization techniques outside your site to improve your ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). This aspect of SEO focuses on what’s happening from outside your website but affects its ranking. A reliable SEO agency does off-page SEO analysis that should cover:
- Backlink profile (yours and those of competitors)
- Improving internal linking building
- Optimizing nap across every listing
- Mobile-friendly website
- Fixing your 404 errors
- Updating your local citation and directory profiles
- Guest blogging
Optimizing these aspects of off-page SEO for your business helps earn a top spot in search results, boosts traffic, leads, and revenue. It’s a crucial role played by your SEO firm.
Should I Hire an SEO Company?
If you meet any of the following requirements, you need to hire an SEO company, no ifs, ands, or buts.
- The need to grow your business
- You have no idea how your website contributes to your company’s bottom line
- You want to expand your market reach
- You want to gain a competitive edge
- To enjoy better lead generation
- For better sales conversions
- You want to differentiate your brand from the competition
- To guarantee your company’s future
- You wish to outrank your competitors in the search results for target keywords.
Search engine optimization (SEO) holds the key to the success of your business. By partnering with a reliable SEO company, you’ll unlock your business’ potential in your niche. It’s the smartest decision you can make today.